Temple of Baa
- Doors (Touch N,E,W,S to open chest with Bathhouse 1 Key)
- Statue with Store Room 1 Key
- Bathhouse 1 (with Treasere Room Key)
- Store Room 1 (with Bathhouse 2 Key)
- Bathhouse 2 (with Store Room 2 Key)
- Store Room 2 (with Secret Door Key)
- Secret Door (need Secret Door Key)
- Temple Gong (release monsters) for Lawrence Aleman in Free Haven
- Treasure Room 1 (with Treasure Room 2 Key) and chest with Chime of Harmony for quest 8
- Treasure Room 2 (with money)
- Acolyte of Baa, Cleric of Baa, and Priest of Baa
- Skeleton, Skeleton Knight, and Skeleton Lord
- Common Rat, Large Rat, Giant Rat
- Spider, Giant Spider, and Huge Spider
When you enter the temple, there will be a very large room just in front of you, with a small room in the center and four doors leading off in the four cardinal directions. There are also tunnels that lead in each of the secondary directions (NE, SE, SW, and NW). These diagonal tunnels aren’t that important, except that the critters in there should be cleared out before they distrub you at a bad time. The witches’ brew that you will find in some of the corners will raise you magic resistance by 1% permanently.
Start by heading south. You’ll pass by two locked doors and then the corridor will dead end in a statue. If you search the statue, you will find a key. That key will open one of the two doors you passed. Inside that room, there is a chest containing a bathhouse key. (Note: every time you open a chest around here, more skeletons and Baa clerics appear.)
Now head north into the bathhouse area. The key you found opens the room on the right. Inside that room is another chest. That key will open the other storeroom back in the south area.
Heading back to the south, open the door, then the chest, to get another key. Now, go to the east. Open the door and quickly move out of the way. A large fireball shoots down this corrdior at regular intervals. You can get around it by walking on the fountains. Head upstairs, fighting a rather difficult battle, and clear out the temple at the top. As soon as you stand on the elevated part of the room, the room will fill completely with skeletons. You have three choices:
- You can run like mad along the edge of the room and get back out to the stairs. Then you fight them one at a time as they come around the corner.
- Use the key you have to open a secret door behind the altar. The secret passage leads to two ledges along the sides of the room. From here you can pick off all the skeletons with your bow with little problems.
- Stand, fight, and die. 🙂
You can also take the gong that is on the altar here; there is a fellow in Free Haven that buys temple gongs for 2000gp each.
Now, return back to the main room. You can open the main door now by opening the doors in the following order: north, east, west, then south. Inside is another chest. (There is quite a battle waiting for you when you open this chest.) Inside is a key to the other bathhouse room. Go to that room and open up the chest there to get a treasure key.
Great — now where’s the treasure room? Return to the large altar and go to the ledge on the north side of the room. At the end of the ledge (to the west), there is an invisible door in the corner. In this room, there is a chest that contains the Chime of Harmony, needed to solve quest 8, and another treasure key. The treasure key can be used to open a similar secret door in the south wall. That room opens into piles of money.